This website is best viewed in a browser that supports web standards.

Skip to content or, if you would rather, Skip to navigation.

KXCV-KRNW


News Brief

Sept. 26, 2012CAMERON, MO |  By: AP

Cameron Fire Ruled Accidental

Investigators say a blaze that killed a northwest Missouri man and his 2 children was accidental.

35-year-old Robert Borchardt III and his 2 children, 7-year-old Tucker and 9-year-old Chelsey, died on Aug. 17 at their home in Cameron. The Cameron police department said in a news release Monday the family died of carbon monoxide poisoning after a fire started on top of a stove. Reports say no further details about how the fire started were released. Fire officials were called to the home after the children did not arrive for their first day of school at Parkview Elementary, where they were in the fourth and second grades.