This website is best viewed in a browser that supports web standards.
MARYVILLE, MO (2011-09-27)
A scare but no major damage after a fire this afternoon at the university's center for the performing arts in Maryville.
Fire crews got the call of a fire on the roof. They arrived to discover a piece of wood lying on top was smoldering from sparks falling on it as roof workers were using a metal grinding saw. The workers have been on top of the structure for some time trying to repair the roof from last month's hail storm. The lieutenant from Maryville Public Safety's fire division says the small fire was quickly put out with very little damage. College park road in front of the center was closed for a short time as fire trucks parked, but re-opened in a matter of minutes.
email@example.com | 660.562.1163 | Fax: 660.562.1832
Northwest Missouri State University
Wells Hall | 800 University Drive | Maryville, MO 64468