This website is best viewed in a browser that supports web standards.
ST. JOSEPH, MO (2011-08-04)
A fire at an electrical substation in St. Joseph cut power and left about 15,000 area residents without air conditioning or fans yesterday afternoon.
A KCP&L spokeswoman tells us the fire was caused by some equipment malfunctioning at the substation. It was contained and no injuries were reported. It broke out about 2 yesterday afternoon and officials say the malfunction was not heat related. KCP&L says within 20 minutes about 7,000 customers, or about half of those effected, had electricity restored. It took crews the rest of the evening and night to get all residents back online.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 660.562.1163 | Fax: 660.562.1832
Northwest Missouri State University
Wells Hall | 800 University Drive | Maryville, MO 64468