This website is best viewed in a browser that supports web standards.

Skip to content or, if you would rather, Skip to navigation.


News Brief

2010-4-21HAMILTON, MO |  By: Wayman

Haz Mat School

The DNR says they took the bottle of liquid metal from two students who were playing with it this morning in a classroom and in a common area. Investigators don't think the mercury was ever spilled. Still, school officials cordoned off the two areas and an environmental emergency responder from Lee's Summit came up to monitor for mercury vapors and to collect and dispose of the bottle. Officials say they were concerned if the mercury was spilled, some could have evaporated into the air and be carried long distances. No health problems were reported.