This website is best viewed in a browser that supports web standards.

Skip to content or, if you would rather, Skip to navigation.

KXCV-KRNW


News Brief

2009-01-26SAVANNAH, MO |  By: Wayman

Savannah City Council

After a recent power outage in the building, crews discovered work has to be done on both the furnace and wiring.

The building's furnace is old enough that workers would have to scavenge parts from similar furnaces already out of service.

Inspectors think upgrading the wiring in several spots will help the situation and getting a newer more energy efficient model will help.

The city had already budgeted remolding city hall for the 2009 budget year.

The council is recommending those funds be used for the new furnace and wiring upgrade.