This website is best viewed in a browser that supports web standards.
MARYVILLE, MO (2008-12-16) Ice predictions always bring concern of power outages, but officials warn how you handle the situation could make it worse- even deadly.
Every year people in winter storms try to use gas stoves to heat their houses- and with tragic results.
Jason zip is with the st. Joseph fire department and says you should never use your gas stove as a heat source.
Zip adds a fire started by gas stoves will be out of control in seconds after igniting.
He warns if you smell natural gas in your home you should immediately leave, don't touch light switches, and call 9-1-1.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 660.562.1163 | Fax: 660.562.1832
Northwest Missouri State University
Wells Hall | 800 University Drive | Maryville, MO 64468